As a new parent, part of the joys of raising a miniature version of yourself, is the overbearing lack of sleep. Please don’t tell me: “well, welcome to being a mommy, that’s what having a baby is like”.. it does not make me feel any better (or more awake), rather it makes me want to punch you.. just a little.
I won’t spend a post complaining about the little sleep we’ve had in the last 6 months, but rather, I’d like to share with you the unexpected (albeit sometimes embarrassing) outcomes of the lack of zzzzz’s so far…
1) You put your pants on the wrong way… every.single.morning
2) You no longer know how to operate a bra and whenever you get the chance, you allow your lady bits freedom from ‘boobie prison’
3) You repeat yourself often because you forgot what you said five minutes ago
4) You spend 25 minutes frantically looking for your keys, only to find them in the fridge… next to the TV remote you put in there last night when scavenging for a snack
5) You take out a dog treat, forget you did and place it on the cupboard, leaving your pooch begging like a crazy person for the biscuit just out of his reach (so sorry, Ed)
6) You repeat yourself often because you forgot what you said five minutes ago
7) You break down in tears over a shampoo commercial (because your hair, in fact, does nOt smell like coconuts right now)
8) You get lost in a city you’ve been living in for well over a year now…. a lot. Heck, you get lost in your own garden… a lot.
9) You forget to switch gears… even though you drive an automatic
10) You repeat yourself often because you forgot what you said five minutes ago