I’m working on an expat/psychology post at the moment, so to distract you lovely readers from my obvious bout of writer’s procrastination, another healthy recipe good for the soul and a treat for your taste buds. Bon appetit!
Broccoli and Edamame Hummus Red Rice Bowl
- broccoli (chopped and steamed or boiled)
- edamame (soy beans)
- hummus (store-bought works just fine)
- Red Rice (as I hardly have the time to wipe my own butt, sorry for the visual, I use the red rice pack that you stick in the microwave for 2 mins. Fast and easy and just as delish.
- Coriander (optional, I love the stuff)
- And add in whichever ingredients you want really (cashews, capsicum, a boiled egg, etc) “the world is your rice bowl”
1. Chop and steam the broccoli (a small handful). Pour hot water over your edamame beans and let it sit for a few minutes before you peel them.
2. Stick the easy-to-cook rice in the microwave (or if you have the time, cook some red rice).
3. Spread a layer of hummus in the bottom of your bowl. Scoop in the handful of chopped broccoli and edamame beans. Add a good two tablespoons of rice (or however much you want) and any additional ingredients that tickle your fancy.
4. Mix it all up and enjoy !
Until the next time I whoop up something in the kitchen that seems blog and picture worthy !